The purpose of this role is to support the online and social media campaigning activities of Cambridgeshire Liberal Democrats and Rod Cantrill the party’s Mayoral candidate. This is an opportunity to learn from the national party’s expertise in this field, to bring your own experience and ideas to us and to make a significant impact on both our achievements in the County Council and Mayoral elections in May 2017 and beyond.
The key activities are:
- Producing digital collateral such as videos, infographics.
- Supporting the ongoing management of party Nationbuilder websites.
- Supporting individual target division candidates in their social media activity as agreed with the Campaign Manager.
- Supporting online fundraising campaigns.
- Co-ordinating paid digital advertising as agreed with the Campaign Manager.
Essential experience / characteristics:
- Committed to the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats
- Some experience of working with websites, Facebook and Twitter for marketing or campaigning purposes
- Available and willing to work some (limited) unsocial hours, particularly in support of candidates who are only available outside normal working hours.
- Able to show initiative in line with the direction of the campaign set by the existing professional staff and the campaign management team for the county campaign
- Quick to learn
Desirable experience and characteristics
- Experience of social media campaigning, political or otherwise
- Experience of campaigning in Cambridgeshire and / or the surrounding area
- Knowledge of the local political issues and priorities
This role will be employed by the Liberal Democrat Cambridgeshire County Co-ordinating Committee (C4).
This is a fixed term contract until 15th May. The hours for this role are negotiable and are paid at £8.45 per hour. You may choose to combine it with one of the other roles we have advertised and we can discuss how this would fit together for you and for the party.
Free accommodation in or near Cambridge is likely to be available.
Additional hours should not be worked and will not be paid without the explicit agreement of your line manager and the Chair of C4. As this is a fixed term we would expect the successful applicant to take all accrued holidays at the end of the contract.
You will be based at the party’s office in Ronald Rolph Court, Wadloes Road, Cambridge.
Applications including a CV and single side cover letter and should be sent to Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is midnight on Monday 6th March. We expect interviews to happen on Thursday 9th March with successful applicants starting their employment ASAP after this date.