Campaign Assistant (Digitial)
The purpose of this role is to support the online and social media campaigning activities of Cambridgeshire Liberal Democrats and Rod Cantrill the party’s Mayoral candidate. This is an opportunity to learn from the national party’s expertise in this field, to bring your own experience and ideas to us and to make a significant impact on both our achievements in the County Council and Mayoral elections in May 2017 and beyond.
The key activities are:
- Producing digital collateral such as videos, infographics.
- Supporting the ongoing management of party Nationbuilder websites.
- Supporting individual target division candidates in their social media activity as agreed with the Campaign Manager.
- Supporting online fundraising campaigns.
- Co-ordinating paid digital advertising as agreed with the Campaign Manager.
Essential experience / characteristics:
- Committed to the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats
- Some experience of working with websites, Facebook and Twitter for marketing or campaigning purposes
- Available and willing to work some (limited) unsocial hours, particularly in support of candidates who are only available outside normal working hours.
- Able to show initiative in line with the direction of the campaign set by the existing professional staff and the campaign management team for the county campaign
- Quick to learn
Desirable experience and characteristics
- Experience of social media campaigning, political or otherwise
- Experience of campaigning in Cambridgeshire and / or the surrounding area
- Knowledge of the local political issues and priorities
This role will be employed is the Cambridgeshire County Co-ordinating Committee (C4).
This is a fixed term contract until 15th May for 35 per week, paid at £8.45 per hour.
Additional hours should not be worked and will not be paid without the explicit agreement of your line manager and the Chair of C4. As this is a fixed term we would expect the successful applicant to take all accrued holidays at the end of the contract.
You will be based at the party’s office in Ronald Rolph Court, Wadloes Road, Cambridge.
Applications including a single side cover letter and CV should be sent to email@example.com. The deadline for application is 19th February. We expect interviews to happen on 21st February with successful applicants starting commencing their employment ASAP after this date.