Campaign Assistant (Press, Social Media and Events)
The purpose of this role is to support the campaigning activities of Cambridgeshire Liberal Democrats and Rod Cantrill the party’s Mayoral candidate. This is an opportunity to learn from the national party’s expertise in this field, to bring your own experience and ideas to us and to make a significant impact on both our achievements in the County Council and Mayoral elections in May 2017 and beyond.
The key activities are:
- To maintain a comprehensive file of local press and broadcast media contacts
- Draft press releases.
- Organise the Mayoral campaign diary and campaign events.
- Accompany the Mayoral candidate on visits as necessary.
- Provide social media support to our Mayoral candidate and County Council candidate as required.
- Undertake policy research as required.
Essential experience / characteristics:
- Committed to the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats
- Some experience of working with websites, Facebook and Twitter for marketing or campaigning purposes.
- Available and willing to work at evening and weekends.
- Able to show initiative in line with the direction of the campaign set by the existing professional staff and the campaign management team for the county campaign
- Quick to learn
Desirable experience and characteristics
- Experience of social media campaigning, political or otherwise
- Experience of campaigning in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Experience of organising politician events or visits
- Knowledge of the local political issues and priorities
- Press and/or broadcast media experience
This role will be employed by the Liberal Democrat Cambridgeshire County Co-ordinating Committee (C4).
This is a fixed term contract until 15th May. The hours for this role are negotiable and are paid at £8.45 per hour. You may choose to combine it with one of the other roles we have advertised and we can discuss how this would fit together for you and for the party.
Free accommodation in or near Cambridge is likely to be available.
Additional hours should not be worked and will not be paid without the explicit agreement of your line manager and the Chair of C4. As this is a fixed term contract we would expect the successful applicant to take all accrued holidays at the end of the contract.
You will be based at the party’s office in Ronald Rolph Court, Wadloes Road, Cambridge.
Applications including a single side cover letter and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is midnight on Sunday 5th March. We expect interviews to happen on Tuesday 7th March with successful applicants starting commencing their employment ASAP after this date.